ATTENTION: Businesses, Organizations, Churches and Civic Groups
Please join us November 1 – December 15 as we celebrate our 10th Annual Harvest for the Hungry Food Drive.
Each year, especially during the holiday season, hunger-relief agencies see an increase in the number of clients requesting food assistance. In today’s economy, the basic necessities are financially hard for many to obtain. In an effort to meet those increased demands, we are asking for partners to conduct a food drive during the dates listed above.
In collaboration with our 242 partner agencies throughout our 42-county service area, our organization is making great strides in hunger-relief efforts.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- Distributing nearly 10 million pounds of food annually throughout our 42-county service area.
- Providing a weekly take-home bag of food, throughout the school year, to nearly 5,000 at-risk children in 33 Kentucky counties.
- Providing a box of food to approximately 5,000 income-eligible seniors each month.
- Picking up approximately 2.5 million pounds of food annually from local grocery stores (Kroger, Wal-Mart Supercenter, Food Lion and Sam’s Club) through our Retail Pick-Up Program; unsalable food items, yet consumable.
- Providing volunteers with packing opportunities at our local Volunteer Center and monthly food distributions.
IF YOUR BUSINESS/ORGANIZATION IS INTERESTED IN CONDUCTING A FOOD DRIVE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON, PLEASE CONTACT ANN STRAND, VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR/DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT, AT 270-735-1407. THANK YOU.